Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Mirroring my old RPM CentOS6 REPO

As you know, we made some interesting RPM packages while I was an employee of Enetres.

Obviously, I lost the access to the repo when I left that company and, after 8 years working on RPMs, in my new position, we are not working on RPM packages anymore. Just in case, I made again all the pkgs in a new repo preserving versions. I don't know what strategy will have my last company in the future so I would like to preserve that work for the people who is using legacy or deprecated software without any other possible option to choose.

Bintray seems to have a good and free account. I made 256 CentOS6 packages again and the configuration steps for this mirror are easy:

Run the following to get a generated .repo file:
  1. wget https://bintray.com/vicendominguez/CentOS6/rpm -O /etc/yum.repos.d/bintray-vicendominguez-CentOS6.repo
    or - Copy this text into a 'bintray-vicendominguez-CentOS6.repo' file on your Linux machine:
    #bintraybintray-vicendominguez-CentOS6 - packages by vicendominguez from Bintray [bintraybintray-vicendominguez-CentOS6] name=bintray-vicendominguez-CentOS6 baseurl=https://dl.bintray.com/vicendominguez/CentOS6 gpgcheck=0 repo_gpgcheck=0 enabled=1
  2. sudo mv bintray-vicendominguez-CentOS6.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/

If I have to make a new version of this packages... I will bump it here, in this one.

Thx...

No comments:

Post a Comment